Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Christmas in September

I was going to write a whole post about this, but it has already been done so I may as well not duplicate the efforts (shock I know!) so if you want to read about how Santa turned out not to be real go here.

Christmas just is not going to be the same this year. Although one thing I do have to add that my sister and I laughed about was how he had been doing his own research in the limited way he could. One night of reading the Polar Express, the next night watching the movie, and then the inevitable.

5 comments:

Lady Carolyn said...

When we "found out" my mom told us that only people who say they believe get presents from Santa. So we kept up the rousse. Because if she heard us say he wasn't who we thought, he didn't come. :)

MisterJ said...

My mom told me that Santa was a feeling that they had when they put the presents around the tree.

Lady Carolyn said...

Awww! That's so sweet Casey! Yes, do that one. My mom, just threatened us in to letting her believe we were childlike still. To this day she says Santa won't visit if I refer to myself as Mrs. Claus.

MisterJ said...

I put it all together long before that, though. I've always been a skeptic. I just wasn't ready to accept it yet.

Mica said...

My mom said she pretended to believe in Santa for much longer than she actually did too because when she stopped Santa stopped coming. I love what your mom said Casey.