Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mid-year Resolutions




I always think of things that I should maybe write a blog post about, but then it just doesn't seem important enough to warrant a whole post. I don't know why I feel this way, but I am going to try and get past that to post anyway.

Obviously things have been hard lately. Sometimes it just seems easier to ignore and block out what you don't want to see, hear, and think about. I don't really think I am ready to face everything, but in the spirit of trying to better myself I want to do SOMETHING. The thing is that I have a whole list of "somethings" that I want to work on but I have decided to curb my manic only allow myself to choose one right now. Along with the item I choose I am giving myself permission to only worry about/work on 3 other things. The 3 other things are: trying to be happy and help Braeden be happy. Have FUN with Braeden (He is growing up way too fast!). Doing at least good enough at my job. Here are some of my general ideas:

  • Eat more healthy
  • Exercise
  • Begin learning a language (Italian or Spanish)
  • Prepare for the GMAT
  • Cooking Skills
  • Friendships
  • Keeping my home more clean/organized
  • Better money management/pay off debts
  • Save up, plan, and take Braeden on a vacation
  • Work on my communication skills with those close to me and in my job
  • Learn about history & science so when Braeden asks general questions I can be somewhat knowledgeable

Once I make a decision I will lay out some type of plan so I can feel like I at least accomplished something in that area.

If you have any additional ideas of what I should do or would like to let me know which one you think would be best for me please leave me a comment!

5 comments:

Brian Barker said...

Have you thought of trying Esperanto?

I know that it has become a living language, but it has great propaedeutic values as well. Esperanto helps language learning!

If you have time you might like to check http://www.lernu.net

Interestingly also nine British MP's have nominated Esperanto for the Nobel Peace Prize 2008

macbezz said...

That's great that you've got some goals! It's a great thing to do. And it even got your comments hit by a spammer!

Lady Carolyn said...

I think a vacation is a great thing for all of you. If there's anything I'd wish for you it would be some relaxation... Hey I wish that for me too... LOL But seriously, you work really hard. I think you should add "try to appreciate myself more" on that list.

And thanks for calling the other day. It meant a lot.

Mica said...

Yay for spammers lol!

Mica said...

Thanks Carrie for your thoughts! I think that would be super fun. I was thinking something kinda big, but I think maybe Braeden and I will just take off for the weekend and go somewhere exciting and then save up for California so we can go next year!