Saturday, April 18, 2009

New Mexico Green Chili Enchiladas

Tonight we had some New Mexico comfort food, green chili enchiladas. I was thrilled last week when there was a large container of Arlo's green chili powder from New Mexico in the Liberty Heights Fresh SFF.

I was in the mood for comfort food and had to make something with ingredients on hand as I didn't plan ahead....surprising I know!


I sauteed the Taylor Made Pork, Fresh Ground Pork (this weeks basket), with 1 1/2 Organic Spring Onions (last weeks basket), three cloves of garlic, a heavy amount of Arlo's green chili powder (last weeks basket), salt and pepper. If you don't like it too spicy, don't go too heavy handed on the Arlo's green chili powder. After it cooked down I added a bag of frozen corn and canned pinto beans (gasp!), and half a can of Hatch's Enchilada Sauce. I thought it was green until after I opened it (which I would have preferred, but just went with it since it was now open :)

I cooked up some tortillas, and then filled with the stuffing and some cheese (whatever you have on hand) then rolled them into a glass 9x13 pan, with a little enchilada sauce spread on the bottom to prevent as much sticking. Top with cheese (if you have any left which I didn't) and pop in the oven until bubbly and hot. I topped with Organic Cilantro (this weeks basket) and served with Organic Valencia Oranges (this weeks basket). I love serving pork with oranges, it's the perfect combination The rest of the filling will make a reincarnation later this week as part of a taco salad. Enjoy!


No comments: