Sunday, April 19, 2009

Nutrious Berry and Carrot-Top Smoothie

I figured since I can get my family to drink the Odwalla "green drink" on the right I could easy get them to drink the one on the left. Recipe is for 1 serving so double or triple for the amount of servings you need.


3/4 cup frozen berries (I used raspberries and blueberries)
6 oz. low-fat vanilla yogurt (I like Dannon Light N' Fit)
1/2 c. orange juice
2 tablespoons instant nonfat dry milk powder
carrot-tops

I put in all the carrot tops from last week's Liberty Height's Fresh delivery. It was a lot. I'm not going to say that you can't taste them, because you can but it tastes fresh a lot like parsley. Apparently there is a lot of controversy I did not know about when eating carrot-tops. I've eaten them before and never had a problem and today I drank a very large quantity so I'll let you know if there are any problems, but I'm not concerned. If you are, don't try this recipe or just omit the healthy part :)

No comments: